Heritage Open Day: Although this inner city dockland church is almost as the architect Edward Welby Pugin left it in 1857 , it is in no sense a museum !The dynamic commitment of its team of clergy and volunteers have developed its diverse local focus. Although its octagonal Baptistery was never built, this inner city dockland church is substantially as Pugin left it in 1857 and has recently undergone comprehensive restoration work , grant aided by Historic England. The West Front , Belfry and North Aisle roof have been substantially rebuilt ; the Guild Room above the Sacristy has been rehabilitated and the attached Presbytery ( also by Pugin ) has been completely renovated , now providing accommodation for a team of four priests, including Cardinal Michael Fitzgerald .